Research and Ethics
We are keen to support ethical and well-planned research that develops the fields in which we work and benefits our communities
The Twenty10 Ethics Committee
Twenty10 is passionate about research and ethics.
Researchers seeking Twenty10 endorsement, or who wish to have their research promoted through Twenty10 networks, are required to obtain approval from our Ethics Committee.
Our Ethics Committee can include staff, volunteers, clients, community and supporter networks.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive to participate in or endorse research, meeting the selection criteria does not guarantee Twenty10 approval or involvement.
Criteria and Guidelines for Assessment
The Committee reviews each application on the following criteria. Due to the high number of applications, meeting these criteria is not a guarantee of our approval.
Essential (applications will not be considered unless they meet these criteria)
- Approval received from a Human Research Ethics Committee, or evidence of approval being sought;
- Evidence of a risk assessment;
- Evidence of scientific excellence in data integrity and collection and inclusive language including around gender, sexuality and sex indicators collection* and;
- The research will result in additional benefits to LGBTIQA+ communities.
*This paper may be useful around sexuality, sex and gender indicators.
Desirable (applications that meet these criteria are more likely to be approved)
Apply for Ethics Approval for Your Research
- Complete and email this form [word document] and email it (address details are provided in the document) along with required documents (a checklist is provided on the last page). It is preferred if documents can be merged into a single PDF document.
- Please allow approximately 4-8 weeks to hear the Ethics Committee’s decision. You may be contacted by the Committee during this time to discuss or provide additional documentation.
- Applicants will be advised of the decision of the Committee in writing within two weeks of a recommendation of the Committee.
You might also be intere19sted in:
This report outlines the findings from a national survey of over 1000 gender and sexually diverse young people as well as a focus group.
Ways to support Twenty10
Easy Fundraising Ideas
Whether fundraising by yourself or with friends, at school or at work, you can make a difference. It’s fun and effective.