Current Positions Vacant
Want to work at Twenty10 inc. GLCS NSW? Any current staff openings will be listed here.
Learning and Development Manager
- Job posted on: 25th November 2022
- Applications close: 11:59PM AEDT, 30th December 2022
HOW TO APPLY
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for experienced educators to join our dynamic Learning and Development team. Applicants should have qualifications and/or equivalent experience in health education and promotion, community capacity building, workplace training and assessment or similar. This should be paired with a strong knowledge of the challenges, systems and public policy impacting LGBTIQA+ people, especially young people, including mental health and wellbeing, self-determination and bodily autonomy in health care, the law, homelessness, peer and family rejection, and experiences of harassment and violence.
The Learning and Development Officer is a casual role paid at SCHADS L4 working approximately 24 hours per month (anticipated but not guaranteed) on a one year, fixed term contract. This role is based at the Twenty10 office in Chippendale, Inner Sydney – although the role regularly delivers training throughout Sydney and sometimes greater NSW.
This position reports directly to the Learning and Development Manager (LDM). There are no
direct reports to this position.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications and Prerequisites
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent experience in health education and
promotion, community capacity building, workplace training and assessment or similar
- Demonstrated skills in creating, presenting and evaluating training or educational
sessions to a wide variety of audiences
- Current NSW Working with Children Check clearance
- National Police Check Certificate upon commencement then at least every 3 years
- Current NSW driver’s license and a willingness to travel as part of this role.
- Demonstrated understanding of the challenges, systems and public policy impacting
LGBTIQA+ people, especially young people, including mental health and wellbeing, self-
determination and bodily autonomy in health care, the law, homelessness, peer and
family rejection, and experiences of harassment and violence
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of community development and social
inclusion principles and processes
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint and Excel),
internet applications and databases, and willingness to learn new programs
Aptitude & Interpersonal Skills
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with the ability
to develop rapport with a wide range of people including different genders, sexual
orientations, ethnical backgrounds, age and experience
- Strong initiative, positivity and demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment,
both independently and as part of a team, and ability for conceptual and strategic
- Personal qualities include alignment with the values of the organisation
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills including the ability to prioritise
work, manage multiple tasks and competing priorities, negotiate solutions, and meet
HOW TO APPLY
Twenty10 incorporating GLCS NSW is:
- an Equal Opportunity employer and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with disabilities, and people of diverse genders, sexualities, and/or with intersex variations to apply.
- a signatory to the NSW “Principles for the Recognition of Volunteer Rights,” valuing the contributions and respecting the rights of all of our volunteers.
Other ways to be involved