Community Calendar is your fortnightly look into what’s coming up for the LGBTIQA+ communities in Greater Sydney and NSW! This is our post for 10 December 2021 – and the last Community Calendar for the year. We’ll see you in 2022!
End of Year Fundraising
We’re asking our supporters to fundraise for us this festive season. Head to the link to learn more!
End of year dates for 2021-2022
Here are the dates for Twenty10’s end of year closure:
- hangOUT: Last group Tue 14 Dec, first group Tue 18 Jan
- Office closure: Closed starting Thu 23 Dec, reopening Mon 10 Jan
- Stay tuned for announcements about face-to-face groups reopening in the new year!
- 13 December: Our friends at Glisten in Hurstville are having an end of year party from 4pm to 6pm! To register or for more info, contact Georgia on 0451 826 855 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 15 December: Our LGBTIQA+ Support Group with headspace Hurstville is coming to a close – with a drag party! Folks aged 16 to 25 can register at the link above to join in on Zoom.
- 17 December: The folks at Marrickville Youth Resource Centre are having and end of year party from 2:30pm to 5:30pm!
Articles and other cool stuff
- Women’s and Girls’ Emergency Centre: Healthy Relationships and Red Flags
- Gujaga Foundation: Dharawal Language and Culture App
- Zoe Belle Gender Collective: Transfemme
- Star Observer: Many multicultural LGBT people do not feel safe in safe spaces
- ABC: Subscribe to ABC Queer
- Diversity Council Australia: Inclusion@Work Index 2021-2022
- Forcibly Displaced People Network: Working Effectively with LGBTIQ+ People in Settlement
- headspace Bondi Junction: Simply Surviving
Surveys, studies and consultations
- The Pride and Pandemic survey wants to hear about your experiences during COVID-19 lockdowns.
- The Dynamic Gender Hotline wants to hear from trans and gender diverse folks about how their experience of gender has changed over time. Record your message anonymously at 1800 952 552.
- A researcher at Western Sydney University is looking for trans and gender diverse young people aged 14 to 18 to talk about their school experiences in NSW.
- Barnardos Australia is doing a survey to better understand people’s experiences of domestic and family violence or abuse experienced as a child or young person.
- A researcher at UTS is looking for young queer men aged 18-28 living in the Sydney area to take part in a study around the design of social technologies.
- ACON, University of Melbourne and University of Tasmania want to know more about LGBTQ+ people in NSW’s experiences of sexual violence.
- The LGBTQ +You School Survey is an Australian-wide project at Macquarie University. This study is looking at what Australian schools are like for Students, Staff and Parents who identify as LGBTQ+. The survey takes around 15 minutes and is anonymous, asking questions about you and your experiences in Australian schools.
- TRANSForm is looking for trans and gender diverse people to complete surveys about their health and wellbeing.
- Researchers at Monash University are looking for LGBQ First Nations people aged 16-24 who have accessed counselling sessions. Participants will receive a $20 Clothing the Gaps gift voucher!
- ACON and a number of other services around the country are looking to hear from LGBTIQA+ folks aged 18+ who have ever used an LGBTIQA+ peer-led service (that would include Twenty10).