Community Calendar is your weekly look into what’s coming up for the LGBTIQA+ communities in Greater Sydney and NSW! This is our post for 11 June 2021.
Have something you’d like to add? Let us know!
Want to see what’s coming up at Twenty10? Check out our service calendar!
Our Annual Support Campaign is underway, so please consider donating to us if you have the capacity!
Events and opportunities
Here are some events and opportunities around the Greater Sydney Area:
- PortPride has a number of Pride events happening throughout the month – follow them on Facebook or Instagram for more info!
- The OutStanding LGBTQI Short Story Competition is launching online around 4pm on Sunday, 13 June.
- Attention Snowy Mountains folks! Jindy Pride is having Monday Meetups this month on 14 June and 28 June from 5:30pm to 7pm at the Snowy Mountains Neighbourhood Centre. Free hot chocolate!
- Tuesday’s hangOUT session – our online group on Discord for young people aged 12-25 – will be a very special Trivia Night! Join us from 4pm to 6pm for LGBTIQA+ facts, fun times and prizes! To get connected to hangOUT, email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the process started.
- Join Pride in Diversity’s program Sapphire for a panel discussion about creating inclusive spaces for women and other marginalised genders in the workplace at Deloitte on 16 June.
- The Bully Project is holding a workshop at Haberfield Library on 17 June to help empower parents and carers to support young people who are experiencing bullying.
- For folks aged 18 and over in regional NSW, ACON is holding a monthly online Regional Rainbow Social. The next group is on 17 June!
- Shopfront Arts are looking for young people who want to perform at Drag in the Daytime. Fill out their Expression of Interest form and learn about their workshops – the next one is 17 June!
- Attention parents and carers of LGBTIQA+ young people! Join Twenty10 for an information session on Tuesday, 22 June from 6pm to 7:30pm. Email Rebecca to RSVP.
- Outloud Arts: IDAHOBIT Zine
- Forever with Pride: Issue 1
Surveys, studies and consultations
- Sydney Mardi Gras wants to hear from you about the present and future of the Mardi Gras festival and Parade. Which events do you go to, what do you love, and where can we improve? Mardi Gras are listening – here’s your chance to have your say. As a thanks, Mardi Gras are giving away 2 x double passes to Mardi Gras Pride Weekender. Between 18 – 19 June, four Mardi Gras events will take place; Queer Thinking, Express Yourself, Spin-Off DJ Discovery and My Drag Story. Two winners will get two tickets to attend each event!
- LGBTIQ+ Health Australia wants to hear about the LGBTIQA+ community’s thoughts about and experiences with palliative care.
- Waverly Council wants to hear from young people aged 24 or younger – and you could win a gift voucher if you fill out their survey!
- The folks at Blaq, ACON and the Institute for Culture and Society at Western Sydney University are looking for LGBTIQA+ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people between 14 and 25 years old to fill out a survey to understand social and emotional wellbeing and mental health of people in this group. Fill out the survey here.
- ACON and UNSW are looking for gay, bisexual and queer Asian men aged 18+ to fill out the Gay Asian Men’s Survey. Available in English, Thai, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
- ACON and a number of other services around the country are looking to hear from LGBTIQA+ folks aged 18+ who have ever used an LGBTIQA+ peer-led service (that would include Twenty10).