Happy New Year! Community Calendar is your fortnightly look into what’s coming up for the LGBTIQA+ communities in Greater Sydney and NSW! This is our post for 14 January 2022.
- 20 January: The folks at Minus18 are having a free online Queer Crafternoon for folks aged 12 to 19.
Articles and other cool stuff
- All About Women of Colour is a mentorship open to women and non-binary First Nations, culturally and linguistically diverse writers over 18, presented with All About Women and Sweatshop. Applications close on 23 January.
- Redwoods Work Collaborative is running a program called Navigating (self)Employment CoLab for people interested in entrepreneurship and self-employment who are aged 17 to 26. The first meeting is planned for 25 January, so get in touch with the team ASAP if you’re interested! More info is available in the program pack (PDF).
- Attention aspiring fashion designers aged 12 to 18! Burwood Council is holding free sustainable fashion workshops in February and March for a runway show during youth week in April. If you want to participate, register by 5pm on 11 February by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 9911 9905. Check out the flyer (PDF) for more info.
Surveys, studies and consultations
- Sydney WorldPride 2023 are planning a Human Rights Conference for next year, and they’d like to hear your thoughts on what you’d like to see there!
- LGBTIQ+ Health Australia and the National Ethnic Disability Alliance are developing training for LGBTIQ+ people with disability. They’re looking for LGBTIQ+ people with disability aged 18 and over to complete this survey.