Community Calendar is your fortnightly look into what’s coming up for the LGBTIQA+ communities in Greater Sydney and NSW!
Have something you’d like to add? Let us know!
Events and opportunities
- Trans Day of Visibility is 31 March, and Twenty10 will be sharing some of our favourite trans role models on our social media. Make sure you’re following us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
- The Pride In Sport – TRANSforming Sport in Australia webinar is on Wednesday, 31 March, 12pm to 1:30pm – and it’s free!
- In 2021, Tech Ready Women is offering 100 scholarships to female founders thanks to NSW Treasury and Sydney Startup Hub! To drive accessibility, 50% of scholarships are reserved for women from underserved communities and/or impacted by COVID19. Applications are open until 5 April! For more details and to apply, head to their website.
- New! International Asexuality Day is 6 April. Here are some events happening around the world. Australian Asexuals are having an art contest, and they’ll be collating all the entries into a book – you can learn more here!
- Twenty10 is holding some half-day face-to-face safeTALK suicide awareness sessions for LGBTIQA+ communities on 15 April (allies welcome) and 20 April (LGBTIQA+ folks only) – for free! Learn more about safeTALK and our Commuity Connector program.
- Youth Week is coming soon – 16 April to 24 April! Watch this space for some exciting updates.
Surveys, studies and consultations
- Free online writing workshops for LGBTQIA+ people aged 18 to 25. PhD researcher Chloe Cannell is running a series of five 2hr writing workshops exploring the challenges of representing LGBTQIA+ characters and stories in fiction for young adults. Participants are invited to write and share in their preferred medium, respond to short questionnaires, and discuss story examples. The workshops are on Saturdays 10am-12pm ACST April to May 2021 on the following dates: 10/04, 17/04, 1/05, 8/05 & 15/05.Email Chloe at email@example.com to express interest and for more information.