Show Ponies Online Gallery and Web Shop
Announcing… the Show Ponies Online Gallery! Head here to check out some of the amazing artworks that were at our Show Ponies art exhibition earlier in the year – and maybe even buy one of your favourites!
Events and opportunities
Here are some events and opportunities around the Greater Sydney Area:
- The Coming Out in the 70s exhibition at the NSW State Library closes on Sunday, 30 May. Make sure you check it out before then!
- Check out the Pleasure and Danger 3: Art, (Un)belonging and Community panel discussion online on Wednesday, 2 June.
- The WAYS Mini Blitz at Bondi Markets will showcase and promote local talent – come check out the performances by young people! Saturday, 6 June from 11:00am to 2:00pm at Bondi Beach Public School.
- Are you new to Sydney and studying at UNSW or TAFE Randwick? Check out this course with Recovery and Wellbeing College, Building Social Connections Away from Home, starting Wednesday, 9 June.
- Intersex Human Rights Australia: Domestic and Family Violence
Surveys, studies and consultations
- Macquarie University are looking for folks aged 12-17 – including autistic and non-autistic people – to participate in a study about navigating the world as a teen. Read the flyer here. This is a paid opportunity!
- A community member created a petition to have transgender surgeries covered by Medicare. It’s open to signatures until 9 June.
- Inner West Council are looking for feedback on their gender equity plan. Feedback closes on 10 June.
- Wellbeing Health and Youth want to work with young people to understand how they access online health information. Get paid for your ideas! Email the team for more info.
- Waverly Council wants to hear from young people aged 24 or younger – and you could win a gift voucher if you fill out their survey!
- The folks at Blaq, ACON and the Institute for Culture and Society at Western Sydney University are looking for LGBTIQA+ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people between 14 and 25 years old to fill out a survey to understand social and emotional wellbeing and mental health of people in this group. Fill out the survey here.
- ACON and UNSW are looking for gay, bisexual and queer Asian men aged 18+ to fill out the Gay Asian Men’s Survey. Available in English, Thai, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
- ACON and a number of other services around the country are looking to hear from LGBTIQA+ folks aged 18+ who have ever used an LGBTIQA+ peer-led service (that would include Twenty10).