As 2020 comes to a close, we’re taking some time off to finish off the year. Here are our last days in the office and our first days back:
- Final hangOUT of 2020: Wednesday 16 December 2020, 4pm to 6pm
- Office closed from Thursday 24 December 2020 returning Monday 4 January 2021 – we will be taking and responding to enquiries starting Tuesday 5 January 2021
- First hangOUT of 2021: Wednesday 13 January 2021, 4pm to 6pm.
QLife will be open throughout the break from 3pm – midnight. Get in touch at 1800 184 527 or qlife.org.au.
We’ve also prepared an end-of-year online zine for everyone called Surviving the Silly Season.
We look forward to seeing you (online) in January!
If you need assistance during this time, please keep yourself safe, draw on support and make use the helpful contacts listed below:
- 000 Crisis/ Emergency
If you are experiencing a crisis or emergency where you or someone else needs urgent support, dial 000, this is the fastest way to access support. You will need to say whether you need an ambulance, as well as the location of the emergency.
- Mental Health Intake Line – 1800 011 511
This is a 24 hour/ 7 day a week line that can connect you with the mental health team in your local area. This can be used if you need urgent support, to discuss mental health symptoms as well as to help connect with other services in your area.
- Lifeline – 13 11 14
Lifeline is a free 24-hour telephone crisis counselling available from anywhere in Australia.
- Kids Help Line – 1800 55 1800
Kids Help Line is a free, confidential and anonymous, telephone and online counselling service specifically for young people aged between 5 and 25 years.
- Being Supported – 1800 151 151
Mental health line for non-crisis mental health support delivered by experienced Peer support Specialists with their own lived experiences, 7 days 10am to 4pm and 6pm to 10pm.
- Beyond Blue – 1300 22 4636
24/7 phone, 1pm to midnight webchat and online support forums for people experiencing difficulties with worry, anxiety, low mood, or other difficult life situations where it would be helpful to talk to someone.
- Suicide Callback Service – 1300 659 467
24/7 phone, video and online counselling for people feeling suicidal, those who are worried about someone, and those who’ve lost someone to suicide.
- Link2Home – Emergency Housing Line – 1800 152 152