As the financial year comes to a close, we’re asking all of our supporters to consider making a donation to us. Here’s how your donation benefits LGBTIQA+ communities in Sydney:
- Young people, including those experiencing homelessness, can access food, showers, laundry, computers, and help from youth workers through our drop-in service.
- Young people in need can get housing and counselling through our programs.
- People know they’re not alone thanks to our social support programs in Chippendale and Parramatta.
- People across the LGBTIQA+ spectrum, as well as their families and communities, can access telephone and web chat support via the QLife program.
There are so many ways you can support us – here are a few of our favourites!
1. Make a donation via GiveNow or bank transfer
If you have some cash (and you wouldn’t mind the tax benefit!) you can donate to us via GiveNow. You can choose to make a one-off donation, or you can give on a schedule that works for you.
When you give via GiveNow, we pay only a small amount of fees – which means more of your donation goes to our programs.
Another option is to give to us via bank transfer – we don’t pay any fees that way!
2. Give to us through a workplace giving program
Does your employer have a workplace giving program? If so, check if we’re listed as a beneficiary, and if we’re not, see if you can nominate us as a charity partner. Have your HR representative get in touch with us to get started.
With workplace giving, you can donate on whatever schedule works for you, either as a one-off payment or a small amount taken off of every paycheck. Your employer does all the work to make sure your donation gets to us!
3. Donate your birthday, wedding, anniversary, or other milestone
Do you have a big event coming up? Don’t need more random presents? Consider asking your friends and family to make a donation to us in your name instead!
Our favourite way to do this is through Crowdraisers on GiveNow. To get started, just head over to our GiveNow page and click on Create Crowdraiser on the right side of the page (or bottom of the page on mobile).
4. Follow us on social media and share our posts
If you don’t have much cash to spare right now, you can still support us in other ways!
One easy yet powerful way to support us is by following us on social media and interacting with our posts. It may seem like a small thing, but it makes a big difference in what other people see in their feeds! So next time you see a post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or LinkedIn that resonates with you, please like, share, and comment away!
Thanks so much for your support – it means the world to us and to the people that we work with!