Out West (ages 12 – 25)
A fortnightly social group for LGBTIQA+ young people aged 12 – 25 in Parramatta, Western Sydney where you can connect with new friends, have fun and access support and relevant information.
- Who can come? anyone 12 – 25 who is LGBTIQA+
- Format: informal groups with activities and discussions
- When: Wednesdays (fortnightly) 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Where: Grounded Space, Shop 2188/159-175 Church St (attached to Westfield Parramatta, above the train station and adjacent to bus stops)
- Accessibility: Some stairs to access the meeting space. Buses stop right outside the venue.
- RSVP: Nope just show up!
Out West is a fortnightly group for folks aged 12-25, each fortnight it’s a bit different but designed to be a friendly, safe and non-confronting space to hang out with like minded folks. Each group is loosely structured around a particular topic, although the content is flexible and you can share as much or as little as you want.
All our groups follow our Safer Space Guidelines, so that everyone feels included and safe, both physically and emotionally.
If you, your parents or people who care for you have any questions, you/they can call or email us or contact us by email below.
Out West has been a place where I have been able to become comfortable with myself, and the community has been so supportive, welcoming and friendly. It is an awesome group and experience.
Out West is one of those few places I can be myself in a postive environment. This group is awesome and would love to see more people join the happiness. I like turtles.
What I like about Outwest is the friendships you make but also getting an insight about other people’s experience and understanding. I have been coming to OutWest for 3 years and I still learn new things and I love it.