Out West (ages 12 to 18 and ages 18 to 25)
A social group for LGBTIQA+ young people in Parramatta, Western Sydney where you can connect with new friends, have fun and access support and relevant information.
- Who can come? Folks aged 12 to 18 and folks aged 18 to 25 – see calendar below
- Format: informal groups with activities and discussions
- When: Wednesdays 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Where: headspace Parramatta, 2 Wentworth St, Parramatta
- Accessibility: The centre is located close to Parramatta Train Station (a 4 minute walk) and is also wheelchair accessible. Alternatively there is a secure paid parking lot on Wentworth Street. More accessibility info via the headspace Parramatta website (scroll down to Finding Our Centre).
- RSVP: Nope just show up!
Out West is a group for folks aged 12 to 18 and ages 18 to 25 (groups alternating weekly – see the calendar for details). Each fortnight it’s a bit different but designed to be a friendly, safe and non-confronting space to hang out with like minded folks. Each group is loosely structured around a particular topic, although the content is flexible and you can share as much or as little as you want.
All our groups follow our Safer Space Guidelines, so that everyone feels included and safe, both physically and emotionally.
If you, your parents or people who care for you have any questions, you/they can call or email us or contact us by email below.
Out West has been a place where I have been able to become comfortable with myself, and the community has been so supportive, welcoming and friendly. It is an awesome group and experience.
Out West is one of those few places I can be myself in a postive environment. This group is awesome and would love to see more people join the happiness. I like turtles.
What I like about Outwest is the friendships you make but also getting an insight about other people’s experience and understanding. I have been coming to OutWest for 3 years and I still learn new things and I love it.