Training and consultancy services
We offer LGBTIQA+ inclusivity training and consulting throughout New South Wales to help make your service, school or practice more welcoming and inclusive.
PRISM Online LGBTIQA+ Inclusivity Training
PRISM Online Inclusivity Training is an online practical workshop held over three 2.5 hour sessions for building confidence in working with people of diverse genders, diverse sexualities and/or intersex status. This includes but is not limited to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual etc, (LGBTIQA+).
PRISM helps you explore how better practice principles can make a difference for you, your organisation, service or school when working with LGBTIQA+ people, including young people.
It introduces you to the latest research and thinking around inclusive practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
PRISM will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action
Prices: $100 or $80 concession/unwaged
- 4th, 11th and 18th November – 9:30am-12:00pm
Training will take place over Zoom – we’ll give you the details when you sign up.
Host your own training in-house with one of our specialised educators
Register for PRISM Online
Twenty10’s Community Connector Suicide Prevention program provides training and support for people to identify, intervene and connect to support someone who is thinking about suicide, and help build suicide-safer communities.
Twenty10 has been funded specifically to provide this training and tailored support to LGBTIQA+ people and people closely connected to supporting and working with LGBTIQA+ communities, as part of the “community gatekeeper training” initiative with NSW Health.
Within this program, we offer:
START – a 90 minute online course that introduces you to basic skills to respond appropriately to someone thinking about suicide, and help to keep them safe. (Price: TBC)
safeTALK – a half-day suicide alertness course, that trains you to recognise when someone is thinking of suicide and respond to connect them to resources to help prevent suicide. (Price: $11 per person, includes catering)
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training): a 2-day skills focussed workshop that supports participants to carry out life-saving interventions – suicide first aid – for people with thoughts of suicide. ASIST is an internationally recognised training program. Our ASIST trainers and support workers are all peers from within the LGBTIQA+ communities. (Price: $55 per person, includes catering)
Twenty10 also offers LGBTIQA+ support and debrief for participants prior to and after completing any of these courses, through our Community Connector program.
We encourage anyone new to suicide awareness training or support to first do START or SafeTALK prior to signing up for ASIST. However, each course can be completed separately and there is no pre-requisite required for any course – anyone can learn to become a community connector to help keep LGBTIQA+ people safer from suicide.
Upcoming training dates
- Saturday 5th December, 10am to 2pm
- Tuesday 8th December, 2pm to 6pm
- Thursday 10th December, 9am to 1pm
- Tuesday 1st & Wednesday 2nd December, 9am to 5pm each day
Join us for Community Connector Training