Training and consultancy services
We offer LGBTIQA+ inclusivity training and consulting throughout New South Wales to help make your service, school or practice more welcoming and inclusive.
PRISM Online LGBTIQA+ Inclusivity Training
PRISM Online Inclusivity Training is an online practical workshop held over three 2.5 hour sessions for building confidence in working with people of diverse genders, diverse sexualities and/or intersex status. This includes but is not limited to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual etc, (LGBTIQA+).
PRISM helps you explore how better practice principles can make a difference for you, your organisation, service or school when working with LGBTIQA+ people, including young people.
It introduces you to the latest research and thinking around inclusive practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
PRISM will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action
Prices: $100 or $80 concession/unwaged
Register for PRISM Online
ASIST Suicide Intervention Training
ASIST is an internationally recognised two-day suicide intervention (suicide first aid) training. This training teaches how to recognise when someone is considering suicide and how to respond effectively. Twenty10 is proud to provide ASIST for LGBTIQA+ community members at a subsidised rate, with courses starting in the second half of 2020.
Interested in signing up or learning more? Sign up for our mailing list (and be sure to tick “Education & Training”).