Training and consultancy services
We offer LGBTIQA+ inclusivity training and consulting throughout New South Wales to help make your service, school or practice more welcoming and inclusive.
“Here and Now” LGBTIQA+ Inclusivity Training (7.5 hours)
Here and Now helps you explore how better practice principles can make a difference for you, your organisation, service or school when working with LGBTIQA+ people, including young people.
It introduces you to the latest research and thinking around inclusive practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
Here and Now will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action
$170 per person or $150 per person for groups of 9 or more (attendance for a group can be split across more than one training date if paid in advance). Concessions available.
Fee includes catered lunch, morning and afternoon tea, a workbook and certificate of attendance (PDF format, a hard copy can be provided if preferred)
Upcoming Sydney Dates
- 29 November 2018
- 27 January 2019
- 24 April 2019
Register to attend this course
Register interest (for yourself or for several people) by clicking the button below.