PRISM Inclusivity Training is a one-day practical workshop for building confidence in working with people of diverse genders, diverse sexualities and/or intersex status. This includes but is not limited to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual etc, (LGBTIQA+).
PRISM helps you explore how better practice principles can make a difference for you, your organisation, service or school when working with LGBTIQA+ people, including young people.
It introduces you to the latest research and thinking around inclusive practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
PRISM is presented as either a one-day face-to-face training or an online training over three 2.5-hour days (one day per week).
PRISM will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action
- Thursday 5 August, 12 August and 19 August, 9:30am to 12pm
- September: Dates to be announced
- Tuesday 5 October, 12 October and 19 October, 9:30am to 12pm
- November: Dates to be announced
Training will take place over Zoom – we’ll give you the details when you sign up.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and uncertainty around how long they will last, we will be presenting our PRISM workshops online only for the remainder of 2021. We plan to bring our face-to-face training back in 2022.