PRISM Inclusivity Training is a one-day practical workshop for building confidence in working with people of diverse genders, diverse sexualities and/or intersex status. This includes but is not limited to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual etc, (LGBTIQA+).
PRISM helps you explore how better practice principles can make a difference for you, your organisation, service or school when working with LGBTIQA+ people, including young people.
It introduces you to the latest research and thinking around inclusive practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
PRISM is presented as either a one-day face-to-face training or an online training over three 2.5-hour days (one day per week).
PRISM will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action
Want training at your place?
Get training, consulting, advice and support for your service, school or organisation in NSW around being inclusive and working with LGBTIQA+ folks.