PRISM Online Inclusivity Training is an online practical workshop held over three 2.5 hour sessions for building confidence in working with people of diverse genders, diverse sexualities and/or intersex status. This includes but is not limited to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual etc, (LGBTIQA+).
It introduces you to the latest research and thinking around inclusive practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
PRISM will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action