PRISM Inclusivity Training is a one-day practical workshop for building confidence in working with people of diverse genders, diverse sexualities and/or intersex status. This includes but is not limited to people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual etc, (LGBTIQA+).
PRISM helps you explore how better practice principles can make a difference for you, your organisation, service or school when working with LGBTIQA+ people, including young people.
It introduces you to the latest research and thinking around inclusive practise as well as strategies to challenge homophobia, transphobia and heteronormativity so you can make a real difference for your students, colleagues and clients, starting right here, right now.
PRISM is presented as either a one-day face-to-face training or an online training over three 2.5-hour days (one day per week).
PRISM will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTIQA+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status
- Recognise ways people who are LGBTIQA+ experience marginalisation and its impact on their health and wellbeing
- Identify and proactively challenge low-level social violence including cisgenderism, heterosexism, heteronormativity, homophobia, transphobia, biphobia, intersexphobia and microaggressions.
- Identify strategies for building equity and cultural appropriateness into their work practices
- Identify resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Develop a plan to transform learnings into action
- Thursday June 2nd, 9th and 16th, 9:30am to 12:00pm
- Wednesday, May 25th, 9:00am to 5:00pm