Join us for the annual Twenty10 Hamper Appeal!
Every year, Twenty10 collects food, gift cards, and other goodies to make the end of the year a positive time for the young people we work with. If you’d like to make your business, workplace, event, or even your house into a drop-off point for goods, we want to hear from you!
What are you looking for this year?
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Pasta, rice, quinoa, and other grains (including gluten-free options)
- Canned beans
- Small cans of tuna/salmon/chicken
- Long life milk (and milk alternatives, esp. soy and almond)
- Long life juice
- Tea and coffee
- Meals you can make with a microwave or kettle (like two-minute noodles, microwavable pasta, baked beans, soups, etc., including gluten-free and vegan options)
- Cereal (not Weetbix because we have a bunch of those right now, but some others would be good for variety)
- A few snacky things like chips and biscuits to share in our groups (including gluten-free and vegan options)
- Very special delicious holiday food like yummy chocolate, sweets, cake etc
- Reusable or biodegradable bags for young people to take hampers and pantry items home in
- Gift cards, especially Coles/Woolworths/Kmart
- Movie vouchers
- Vouchers to Sock Drawer Heroes
- Topped-up Opal cards
- Mobile phones (can be pre-loved, but must be in working order)
- Prepaid phone top-ups
- Fidget toys (can be pre-loved, but must be clean and in working order)
- Apartment start-up items (e.g. plates, bowls, cups, cutlery, linen for double beds etc. – new items only please!)
- Small gifts (e.g. stationery, cute mugs, puzzles, mindfulness colouring books, art supplies, etc. – new items only please!)
- New socks and undies
Items we are not taking this year
- Toiletries (e.g. shampoo, conditioner, soap, sanitary items, toothpaste, etc.)
- Strongly scented items (e.g. candles, perfumes – we are a scent-aware space)
- Wrapped items (we need to know what they are)
- Homemade food items (for food safety reasons)
You can start collecting goods whenever you’re ready – just let us know by filling out this form.
You can get your donations to us in one of two ways:
- You can drop them off at our offices in Chippendale by 7 December
- We can come pick them up from you on 7 December
Unfortunately, we won’t be able to receive goods after 7 December, as we need to start getting hampers ready to distribute to young people.
How do the hampers help?
In the last two weeks of the year, Twenty10 (along with many other organisations) closes its offices and drop-in space. This means that the LGBTIQA+ young people we work with aren’t able to access their normal support systems during that time. The end of the year can be a rough time for anyone, especially for young people living out of home and disconnected from family, as is often the case for many folks in our communities.
To help alleviate this, we make small hampers to hand out to our young service users. This includes young people living in our housing as well as those who access our Drop-in program and counselling services.
Anything left over after preparing these hampers is added to our pantry to be distributed throughout the coming year.
Can’t collect goods but still want to help? Donate to Twenty10 today!