We were saddened to see the transphobic statements by a popular YA fantasy author over the weekend. Here at Twenty10 we believe that everyone deserves books, characters, comics, films and television that they can see themselves in, created by people who affirm their identities.
We’d like to share some reading recommendations from our Board Member Liz Duck Chong:
- Kindred: 12 Queer #LoveOzYA stories
- Highway Bodies by Alison Evans
- One in Every Crowd by Ivan Coyote
- Only Mostly Devastated by Sophie Gonzales
- Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me by Mariko Tamaki
Here are some lists of more trans-inclusive books to check out, including some by Australian trans authors:
If any of the content shared by that author or the surrounding conversation has left you feeling like you could do with some extra support, QLife Australia is open. Call from 6pm – 10pm on 1800 184 527 or chat from 3pm – midnight at qlife.org.au.