Silver Rainbow LGBTI Aged Care Awareness TrainingMake a real difference for your older clients, by growing affirmative practices and embedding lasting change in your organisation.
Silver Rainbow LGBTI Aged Care Awareness Training is a practical training workshop for building confidence in working affirmatively with people of diverse sexualities, genders and/or intersex status.
In Silver Rainbow Training, we offer industry-best practice standards to grow affirmative practices for Aged Care Services, Residential Aged Care Facilities, organisations, workplaces, and community groups.
Silver Rainbow training will assist participants to:
- Unpack the LGBTI+ acronym and the differences between gender identity, sexual orientation, and intersex status.
- Gain confidence in the use of language and terminology to affirm LGBTI+ people and communities.
- Understand the significance of historical discrimination and stigma and its impact on the unique health and wellbeing needs of LGBTI+ older people
- Review current legislation and policies related to LGBTI+ older communities
- Develop ways to enhance individual and workplace inclusive practice, including workplace policies
- Identify key resources and services to use with clients and workers
- Focus on topics of learning and discussion specific to your organisational needs
Training Duration and Structure
Silver Rainbow is generally presented as an 2-hour online introductory session and a 4-hour in-person training.
Participants attend a 2-hour online introductory session, followed by a 4-hour session (online or in-person), one week away from each other.
We offer flexible options and can customise the training to meet the needs of your organisation.
Training can be delivered onsite, or online – or a combination of both. We can organise a venue (at cost to client) as required.
Silver Rainbow is a free training, delivered at no cost to your organisation.
As a NSW state partner, Twenty10 is fully funded to deliver Silver Rainbow training.
You will receive a certificate when you partake in both training sessions and complete the post-training evaluation.
Please note the introductory session is a pre-requisite for the following training sessions.
Please email email@example.com for more information or to book in a session.